Monday, March 27, 2006

Not much going on these days on the homebuying front. It's just a waiting game now. Nannette and the kids have been vigorously shaking the tree (our present house) to see what junk falls to the ground to see if we can sell at out upcoming yard sale this weekend. She says that next time we move, SHE's the one that's going to have foot surgery so she can sit around and watch me do all the work. Fair enough.
On the music front, I've been enjoying my new Martin DCX1E guitar. For having manmade sides and back, it has a beautiful sound. I don't even mind the "stratabond" neck. If I didn't look at it while I was playing it, I wouldn't know that it wasn't carved from a solid piece of mahogany. I guess there really is something to these Martin guitars after all. :-)

Time for one last cup of coffee (de-caf) before we turn in for the night. We have to drive down to Tacoma tomorrow morning for another post-op appointment. Was supposed to be today but someone decided to drop a 30 ton crane across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge early this morning and it blocked traffic all day. They didn't reopen the bridge until this evening. So when I called the podiatry clinic from my mobile command center cell phone and told them I was stuck, she knew that it was because of the bridge before I even told her. So she rescheduled my appointment for tomorrow. Yipieee.
Anyway, my java is calling my name. Time to enjoy the rich flavor of a nice cup of "why bother" coffee. Until later...