Thursday, April 13, 2006

Less than a week!

With less than a week to go until the big day, what are we doing around chez Jack and Nannette?
1. Taking stuff off the walls
2. Packing lots-O-boxes
3. Waiting
4. Waiting some more
5. Calling various utilities to open up new accounts (still need to call to connect water service)
6. Scavenger hunt for more boxes
7. Yes, Nannette has packed most of the boxes
8. Reserving a moving truck and enlisting the help of a few friends to help with the heavy stuff
9. Signing home purchase related papers
10. Hoping the water heater in the new house can keep up with 2 adults plus 3 kids
11. Hoping the kids can learn to turn out a light when they leave a room
12. Trying to come up with a suitable remedy for the hideous wallpaper that's in the house now

I'm sure if I thought about it, I could come up with more stuff but you get the idea. I was outside until 9:30 pm last night doing a complete disassembly of our picnic table so we can move it. Before I put it back together, I plan on replacing any worn boards and sanding down all the rest of the boards. Since we're out in the Pacific Northwet area, I plan on puting a nice coat of Thompson's Waterseal all over it to keep it from getting nasty again.
Not much else going on. Just a bunch of moving stuff. :-)